Due to the chaos caused by a bit of snow last night, we’ve decided to do things a little differently and have ourselves an Open Snow Day Training Workshop!
Anyone and everyone is welcome to drop in any time between 17:00 and 19:00 today, and anyone who does brave the blizzards and storm the snowdrifts to get to us can have a cuppa on us too.
If it’s your first time training with us, you’re welcome to come and have your first session for free!
We’ll be covering a variety of topics, including:
- threat awareness
- threat evaluation
- threat avoidance
- management of (and awareness of) personal space and positioning
- preparations for taking action
- upper-body and lower-body striking
- power generation and impact management
- ground mobility
- parrying, jamming and blocking
- throws, takedowns and breaking posture
- problem-solving in combative situations
- dealing with armed assault: surviving attacks with blunt and edged weapons
We train at The Wesley Methodist Church hall, Leek New Road, Stockton Brook, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST9 9NX and usually our training session is 17:45-18:45 every Friday.
All welcome as are your questions! Don’t forget – this is all free if it’s your first time so feel free to drop in, have a cuppa and learn something about what we do.
You can reach me at 01782502684 (landline) or 07981175878 (mobile but I’ll have negligible signal until about 16:00 or so), or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionarySelfProtection .
I made an event on Facebook for it: http://www.facebook.com/events/1531366307150866
And one on Streetlife! http://www.streetlife.com/conversation/d95jspv6e2el/
See you later!